ESO (Epsilon Sigma Omicron) an Honorary Reading Society is a project of the FFWC. It was founded in Indiana in 1928, and by 1930 was incorporated as a national sorority. Sponsored by GFWC, this honorary society’s motto is “Enlighten Your Own Pathway” and offers all club members a chance to further their personal growth by planned reading. State universities, libraries, and colleges officially recognize the program and act as administrative agencies.
THE GOALS OF ESO are:
- To stimulate systematic home reading and study with a minimum of supervision
- To encourage reading group study
- To encourage the establishment of home libraries
- To encourage participation in college courses
- To open new channels of thought to meet the challenge of today